Wednesday, November 26, 2008

In These Times Be Thankful In All Things


On the eve of Thanksgiving Day let us be thankful in all things. As a business owner over the years I have encountered many challenges. I have seen business colleagues have to delay their dreams of expanding their businesses. Recently I have seen businesses close due to reduced revenue.

As we look ahead let us begin by being thankful for what we have. As a business owner I can be thankful for the next opportunity to serve a new client. Every client is important and should be viewed as such. The clients we choose to serve should be those we truly feel we can help take their business or organization to the next level.

We can also be thankful for the challenges we face in helping clients. As an accountant my biggest challenge is in getting clients to realize how important it is to review financial statements regularly. Especially in the early days of my business clients were only happy if they had money in the bank. I use the review of financial statements as a time to educate my client.

We can also be thankful for the situations that appear to be setbacks. Maybe the business deal you thought would go through is delayed. That could be a blessing in disguise. We all sometimes encounter what we think is a delay in our plans. Did you ever think that now might not be the time for that deal?

Take a look around and see what you do have. A business you can nurture, even in these seemingly turbulent economic times. Let me remind you all things will work out to your good if you are patient and look up.

Take a look around and be thankful. Give thanks in all things!

No comments: